Illegitimi non carborundum

Saturday, May 28, 2011 11:39 AM, CDT
test results
PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!

Dr. N gave us the great news yesterday...still in COMPLETE remission. No sign of any Myeloma cancer. All tests look good and my old lesions are healing. I will continue on maintenance and go back to Little Rock in 4 months. The maintenance is weekly chemo iv and a mix of dex once a week, with revlimid pills everyday.

Anyway great news....thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers through all this for a poor sinner as I.
Karen and I drove home yesterday, grabbed a pizza, opened a bottle of wine and watched Patton till had to go to bed exhausted.

The wine was a 2006 Viticcio Classico Reserva from Italy. Taste was dry on the back yet firm on the front with a hint of chocolate in between...long finish. good stuff for $18 bucks...I give it a 90 MAF

Speaking of Patton , I have a silver coin which I use to mark golf balls on the course. It has one of Pattons favorite sayings inscribed in Latin,
Illegitimi non carborundum which basically means "Don't let the bastards get you down."

We need more Pattons in our world right now to straighten this mess out. As George Wallace used to say" just do it and quit all this pussy footing around".

Well again thanks for all your prayers.
God bless you all and this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment