Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:05 PM, CDT
"How do I look?" Day 3

Our Saturday began with Mark missing his mouth when he tried to toss in the 16 pills that are his breakfast mix. I was on my hands and knees scrambling…….. Then he looked at me and said “How do I look?” I couldn’t help but laugh - he is so cute and round with little slits for eyes. The first 24 hours with Mrs. Hall, Mark gained 13.2 pounds and hasn’t lost any yet. We are hoping that when she leaves him tomorrow that a lot of this will go with her.

We ran across the street to Wal-Mart to get a handheld shower head and some more press and seal plastic wrap. By the time he gets rid of the cvl, I will know how to deal with it!! The handheld made showering a lot easier since the cvl can’t get wet. The press and seal makes a great cover for the tubing.

Our appointment was at 2 but we went a bit early, Mrs. Hall was beeping - she needed recharging. All of Mark’s labs were about the same so no additional treatment. We really appreciate the “good” nurses, we have our favorites!

We were out by about 4 and decided to eat lunch/supper at the Mexican restaurant (lots of salt). Only two other tables had folks there so we felt safe. We are eating the Senior citizen’s early supper, only it isn’t cheaper here like it is at the beach when the snow bird occupy it.

Mark is watching the ball games and yelling cause Arkansas lost and glad Notre Dame didn’t. I am doing laundry (it never ends!)

Tonight is Mark’s last Thalidomide - I am very glad, it is bad stuff. We see the doctor again on Monday.

Donna Dunnam just called to check on us, she is doing really well. She is such an inspiration to us both. It is so comforting to talk with someone who has “been there done that“. We are so anxious everyday to see how the people we have met are faring. This cancer makes us all a family and we cheer each other on. My heart always breaks when I see the new people - they are so scared - I know how they feel.

We are so blessed to be able to stay here.

Love from Little Rock, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment