Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:19 PM, CDT
waiting

We are at the hospital - Mark is having his other port put in. He surprised us all this morning as his white count jumped to 3.13!! A procount was taken and it was decided that his stem cells were ready. All of a sudden everything is jumping. We are going to start stem cell collection this afternoon. We are both so excited!! I told him it was from the steak and potatoes I fed him last night - bad stomach or not he needed some blood making food!!

They have taken him off all medication to begin this process. Yea, no more infusers - just hope he continues to feel good. His bones were hurting this morning which is a very good sign of stem cells growing fast, so it was a good pain. The cancer information center here has hats, wigs and all sorts of help for their patients - they also have this great massaging recliner - didn’t think I was going to get him out of it. He got this hat.

I didn’t think this day could get any better and then I got a video of our Belle crawling and a photo of all of our beautiful Grand babies. Lille Kate, John Thomas and Matthew all dressed up for Halloween, too. Even this never ending rain could not dampen our spirits.

I have been so thankful that I have not gotten some bug - the Good Lord has been taking care of me so I could take care of Mark! We are so blessed.

Love and thanksgiving from LR
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment