Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:03 PM, CDT
Good evening all,

Mark is doing well. He is going to the clinic twice, 7:30 & 4:30, a day for the stem cell growth factor shots, eating pretty well and sleeping the rest of the time! It was a gorgeous fall day in Little Rock so I woke him around 12:30, feed and watered him and suggested that he might want to go outside. He decided to try to hit a few golf balls. He lasted all of one and a half holes - drug back in and went to sleep.
So far he hasn't had the bone pain that usually accompanies the growth shots. His magnesium was down today so he was sent home with an infuser. It looks like a little glass baby bottle with a balloon in the center. A very neat little device. When it was finished, I had to disconnect it and flush his cvl for the first time - very scary!!! Nursing is not my forte - I am terrrified of needles. But we got through it okay - at least he is still talking to me.

The days are passing quickly. Our nurse told us today that we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. I pray that the good Lord continues to bless Mark and we can soon be home.

The majority of people we have met are around our age or maybe older. Today we met a couple and he is 24. It breaks my heart to imagine the life they will have. This wonderful place is striving for a cure for mulitple myeloma and I hope that it will be soon.

We love you and look forward to hearing from you,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment