Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:12 PM, CDT

Sorry I didn’t get posted yesterday. I wrote the note in CB instead of Word (cut and paste into CB) and lost the whole thing when I “saved” it. So I said to heck with it and went to bed. That is the third time I have done that - I am a slow learner.

The war has begun and the chemo is ahead. Mark feels really lousy. The main battle is in his stomach and lower digestive track. He began running a fever last night and we spent about four hours this morning at the clinic. We had the BEST nurse; she was Johnnie on the spot. He was immediately hooked up to a saline drip, magnesium, and an antibiotic. They treat any neutropenic fever very seriously. His white count continues to drop - .02 today. I was sure hoping it was on the rise - maybe tomorrow.

He is resting in the chair right now - the ballgame is on but no one is home…….his lights are out. Hope he can get some rest, we were up most of the night. He has gone from constantly sleeping to can’t sleep.

His APN gave us his Myeloma marker scores yesterday and they look really good. They are about half of what they were a month ago. Chemo is nasty stuff, but it is working - destroy that Myeloma!!!

We got to see Tom and Debbie at the clinic yesterday. It has been over a week since we have seen them. Tom looked good and had just had his chemo bag unhooked. He is right in there with Mark. We are going to have a big celebration when all this is over! Their two little girls are going to the Hannah Montana concert here tonight with their Aunt and cousin. I am so jealous - I love HM!!

If anyone has any tempting recipes for clear liquids and soft foods - please post them. I am all out of ideas ....

I spoke with J (at Inspec Tech) yesterday and he said his Grandmamma is very sick. Please include his family in your prayers.

Thank you all for your notes and prayers. Without your love and support this would be a mighty hard road to travel. The good Lord continues to bless us with excellent care and new friends to share with.

Love to you all,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment