Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:06 AM, CST

Karen and I are back in Arkansas. We arrived Sunday night. It has been very cold since we arrived , 40’s to mid 50’s, cloudy, with 10 mph wind. Enough of the weather.

Yesterday had MRI, labs, heart and lung test .. all went well, no problems.

Today I have PET scan and bone marrow. We meet with the Doc Thursday, have CVL installed and chemo scheduled for Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon, with stem cell transplant Tuesday.

Guess I will go eat liver tonight to celebrate the coming week. It’s a ritual.

It was great being home and being with the kids, grandkids, in-laws and outlaws. Mom and Lee Ann came up for a visit. We wanted to go to church but with the immune system low felt it best to stay home.

I have decided against a “MOM’ tattoo and ear ring. Karen said I was getting too carried away. She is no fun.

Last night I reviewed a wine from Bordeaux and did not post it. So I will post it now.

It is a 2005 Chateau Haut Nadeau Reserve. Only 3,800 cases made annually. Price is 10 bucks a good value. has a great aroma with a smooth taste, hints of barnyard smells ..chickens, horses.. I paired it with home made vegetable soup and cornbread.. very nice…rate it 90MAF

 

SIDE NOTES AND VICIOUS RUMORS

· Our Uncle Mickey has always driven a new Cadillac. I’m talking since the early fifties. During this 60 plus year span he also has gone on trips (several per year) to Atlantic City. A highly un-reliable source has disclosed one of Uncle Mickey‘s card partners is a Cadillac dealer. I wonder …could it be???

· I am thinking of writing a book or a song.. I have a title ….” I left my heart in San Francisco, my wine in Napa and my Hair in Little Rock”. What do you think?

· USC and Notre Dame still have a chance for the National title. At 7-3 .. go figure!

· Nothing shall separate us from the love of Christ.

· One of the first coaches to be interviewed by a woman coming off the field at half time was The Bear Bryant. It was the iron bowl. I had never seen this done before so it had to be many years ago. Anyway, the TV commentators had been second guessing THE BEAR why is he doing this and that the entire half. So this woman picks up on this and asks THE Bear as he is coming off the field and I quote. “Coach Bryant, we have all been wondering why you are doing this and that with your team?” The Bear says without slowing down, “Hell, I am trying to win the Damn football game!!!” The BEAR keeps walking and the woman turns to the camera with a sheepish look and says “back to you guys”.

Cheers from Little Rock

Karen and Mark

PS: Mark just looked out the window at the cold, windy golf course and two guys were playing - he was thrilled - loves them play against the odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment