Friday, March 19, 2010 8:03 PM, CDT

Everything is turning green. The pear trees, camellias, forsythia, tulip trees, buttercups, tulips, hyacinths are in full bloom - why I love spring!

We walked a little this morning in the beautiful sunshine. Mark has felt bad for the past few days and was a bit better today. His white count is rising but so is his CRP (infection factor). The nurses think it may be the cough and drippy nose or his sore toes. One toe he dropped a battery from the clinic IV pumps on it and on the other foot he has just a big red swollen toe for which we have no cause. We have found out that anything can happen with this chemo. He has had IV antibiotics for the last three days along with growth shots. He is soaking in salt water right now - who knows what to do????

He told the nurse we just needed to go to the beach. I am all for it!

J T told me today that he had found two pieces of shipwreck on the beach and they fit together! He is so excited. He is going to take a picture of it , write a letter about it, put it in an envelope and lick it and put a stamp on it and mail it to me and Papa. I can’t wait! I told him he could e-mail me and he said yea, I could. Don’t think that was near as exciting as licking the envelope!

I know I sound like a broken record, but everyday we meet new patients and when we hear their stories we know that we have been truly blessed. God still has us in his hands and is blessing us.

Hopefully Mark will feel better soon. We are wanting to see Tom and Debbie - we have a standing dinner date. Maybe this weekend!

Love from Spring green and lovely Little Rock,

No comments:

Post a Comment