Friday, September 25, 2009 6:15 PM, CDT

Hello everyone,

Karen and I met with Dr. Doom II this morning at 10:00. He was on time!!! Good start. Actually his name is Dr. Vijay Nair .. I think he is Vijay Singe’s cousin (pro golfer) ..not sure.

We both like him very much .. He answered all our questions and was very informative. I had a tape recorder and Karen had a tape recorder ..side by side.. He thought that was funny…. told him we believe in backups. He explained exactly the kind of Myeloma we are dealing with and had all kinds of graphs. I was very interested in the graphs and asked him several questions about them He said you know a lot about reading graphs and asked if I was schooled in statistical analysis. Told him ..had a minor in economics, statistics, pre-vetinary medicine, forestry and under water basket weaving with a major in selling. He liked that and laughed.

Karen and I have “too much data” over load..so will put the results in a short synopsis.

The “stuff” is low risk and is in only two clusters. It has been caught early and the remission rate is AVERAGING 80% . What grand news this was for us to hear. He also kept using the word CURE. I believe they will find a cure for this stuff …maybe in my lifetime.

The treatment plan is to start in 10 days here in Little Rock. Will be here about a month.

We were introduced and given cards of all our assigned support RNs. They said call them anytime for anything and meant it. We also met a young Dr from Auburn. I had my Auburn hat on today and someone told him a fellow Auby was around. He came to our conference table and introduced himself , said War Eagle and we chatted. He then gave us his business card and said “very few people get this card..call me with any questions you may have anytime.” I Almost started crying.

Tonight I am reviewing a 2005 Chateau De La Cour D’ Argent from Bordeaux (that’s in France) price 12 bucks. The taste is typical Bordeaux ..dry , red, with a hint of mold and burnt tar…...lovely I rate it an 87 MAF for the price.

Cheers and love

Mark and Karen

PS: Mark has a great attitude! The team told us that this treatment will take about 6 to 9 months and then he will be on low dose chemo for 3 years to keep the Myeloma at bay. The treatment involves chemo infusion and stem cell transplants. It is scary, but we are ready for the fight! The good Lord is with us and we thank him for guiding us to this place. Thank you for prayers, love and concern. We love you. Karen

PSS: I am so glad Mama is home and doing so well - we can't wait to see her back in her flowers!!  

SIDENOTES AND VICIOUS RUMORS 

Mark Twain referred to golf as “A good walk spoiled” He is about right

God is good and full of grace..he gives even when you forget to ask

Uncle Mickey IS NOT in the mob

Uncle Briggs has good baccer .. I know first hand

Please call me ASAP if Aunt Bet is planning a trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment