Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:58 PM, CST

Another fun day at the clinic

The regular parking lot we use which is close to 7C was closed, so I let Mark out and drove to the other side of Little Rock to park. The walk would have been very beneficial if I had on my tennis shoes and was not the pack mule. Of course I had on my beautiful high heel boots that Lee had given me last year and they slid all over the hospital's gorgeous marble floors. So much for a graceful entrance …

Mark was feeling pretty low today so we were glad to get there. After a liter of fluids, platelets, and a magnesium infuser he was doing a lot better. His white blood count is .02 - hope it will not be long before it begins to climb! The 25 swelling pounds have disappeared but the stupendous appetite is still with us. I feel like I am cooking for the whole Freeman clan again.

We had wonderful entertainment today. Donna Dunnam brought three of her children and her husband to sing carols and hand out homemade goodies. They visited 7C and other areas at the hospital. She looked very good and is an inspiration to us all. Her entire family have beautiful voices and everyone enjoyed it so much. We pray all the test she is having this week have a very positive outcome. Their visit was a great blessing to us all.

Counting the days until Mark is well!!

Love to you all,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment