Tuesday, December 8, 2009 8:36 PM, CST

Rainy, cold day in Little Rock with good news. All the labs look good and our APN has set us a dismissal appointment for Thursday afternoon!!!!

It will be nice to get back home!

Since I have so many Alabama (fans) for friends this is for you: ROLL TIDE ROLL

Truth is I pulled for the Tide also.

I bought a bottle of Blackberry wine to help with nausea. My APN, Deena, has asked me about it everyday for 3 weeks. I never opened it so decided to give it to her tomorrow since she was so interested in it.

Karen and I truly appreciate all your prayers and support. Hope all have a great Christmas.

SIDE NOTES AND VICIOUS RUMORS

1.Alabama will win over Texas

2.This country truly is resilient; it keeps surviving all the idiots that “rule over us”

3.The spirit of man is something to behold in a place like UAMS. Very positive

4.the old saying “he who has the gold makes the rules” ....sounds like Washington DC to me

5.My grandma Freeman made us kids a bag of tea cakes each Christmas. Best in the world

6.Don’t drink wine before its time is not a slogan.

 

PS:

Mark sounds really generous with the wine - the truth is he bet Deena that his blood count would change 20 points and he lost!!

He is doing really well. Still on heavy antibiotics but hopefully all that will be gone by tomorrow night.

Anxious is not the word for how we are all feeling at the clinic. We ask each other everyday how things are and are you getting dismissed yet? Our friends from B’ham left last week and the ones from Panama City are heading out tomorrow. Hope the rest of us will be gone very soon!!

I made crock pot candy tonight to take to our nurses - of course they don’t need it, they are all sweet enough! They are definitely a different breed of nurse!

Thank you all for sharing this journey with us. Knowing that you are there supporting us has made it bearable.

We love you,

Karen and Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment