Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:23 PM, CDT

Yesterday was very relaxing for us. Mark played a little golf very early before the extreme heat and I piddled around getting us settled in. The apartment manager called to tell us that yes, she had the wrong rate and gave Mark a refund. He was thrilled - always wanting a “good value”.

Trying to steer Mark clear of Kentucky fried chicken livers, Shorty Small’s hamburgers, Papa John’s pizza, etc., we went to dinner at Outback - my second visit ever. Mark had to eat meat and veggies - no carbs - for his PET scan this morning, so we thought a steak and salad would work. Our wonderful waiter took our order, came back in about ten minutes to tell us the computer was down and that it would be a little bit because they had to hand write all the orders for the cooks. Apparently the cooks did not understand that O&V meant olive oil and vinegar on our salads and he had to explain. I thought Mark was going to laugh us out of the place - he blames it on me and says “they always burn our pizza”. (This is a reference from way back when I was expecting Ben and wanted pizza every night - and they did overcook it fairly often.) The food was good and it wasn’t too long of a wait. Needless to say I will not be going out to dinner tonight - think we will have a tomato sandwich!!!

We got a call after dinner from Debbie. She said Tom had been sent to Little Rock and they were testing some more. I am so glad they are here and hopefully we will get to visit tomorrow. Tom is very sick and I pray that they will have him up and going again very soon!! Of course they are exceedingly worried, as we are. Please pray for these good people and their family.

I didn’t go with Mark to the clinic today as his day was totally booked with test. Guess he didn’t want me sitting around collecting germs. He should be back around 6:30 if all goes as planned. The grand opening of the new cancer center is this week and I am sure it will be chaos. I can’t wait to see it - maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment