• Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:46 AM, CDT

    What an adventure yesterday was!! We had to be at the clinic at 6:30 for the 7:00 bone marrow - not his chosen way to start a day. Mark had back to back test all day, the last test began at 9PM - we got home at midnight. I told Mark we hadn’t had a late night out in a long time, just wish it had been to the movies and dinner.

    A couple of the test were “no food or drink” so Mark was pretty grumpy before he was fed and watered around 8 last night. The only breakfast/ lunch he had was at 10; premade scrambled eggs (eggs only) from the coffee shop. Yuck! But then I am not an egg eater, but I smiled and pretend it looked good - yes, I can lie! He has to finish one test today that they didn’t have time for yesterday, then one more and hopefully he will be finished. You would think he wouldn’t have to study for these ”test”, but oh no, the learning curve is huge. We are having to learn a new vocabulary. Mark is scheduled to meet with the doctor Friday morning and have his questions ready. We really have to study!!

    I am so amazed at this wonderful center. The staff - nurses, doctors, security, maintenance, etc. - are so upbeat, supportive and happy. I ask one of the ladies about this and she said , “ It could just as easy be me across the counter and I would want to be treated this way”. What an attitude!

    The clinic is truly a cross cut sample of the world’s population. There are people here from every walk of life, many countries, many ages. Americans, Middle easterners, Germans, Brazilians, Orientals - A 17 year old boy to a 95 year old lady, owner of the St. Louis Cardinals, farmers, welders, housewives, machinist, a super bowl winning coach from Miami (yes he had on that HUGE superbowl ring!)- they are all here with the same diagnosis -Multiple Myeloma. But everyone has different symptoms, different stories and varied treatments. The common thread is optimism and trust that we are in the best place.

    Thank you so much for your calls and notes. Mark and I have laughed and cried over the journal entries. Knowing we have the love and support from you keeps us strong. Your concern mean so much to us and we love you. Please continue your prayers. God is with us.


  • Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:20 PM, CDT
    Hello everyone,

    Finally slowed down ..between being stuck, plucked, rolled, mashed, stuffed, cuffed, pinched, twisted, bent and told to wait (now know where Waffle House got the jingle for the hash browns) to read the postings.

    Most of you know me as a semi-serious, dry witted, humorous ( that’s a bone) guy… when I started reading all your postings ...I wept like a big ole baby . To know that many people are praying for your situation is beyond words. All I can say is , I love all of you.

    Over the last few weeks many sermons I have heard in my lifetime are playing in my spirit. It is truly remarkable. Many verses I have treasured over the years, are now coming to us in our time of need.

    *NOTHING shall separate us from the love of Christ
    *you become what you think about
    *keep your mind on things virtuous and pure


    OK enough of that..


    Today was an off day..got up at 8:00 am kissed Karen goodbye and hunted golfs for 18 holes..shot 86 of them. It was truly a beautiful day. Sunday hunted them for 22 holes and shot … well that’s a secret (over the bag limit)

    Since Ka and I had not eaten in 24 hours ( we are not Jewish) ..went to a BBQ joint “CHIPS”..ate like a pig..good stuff..but not as good as Linsey’s.

    Tonight I am tasting and reviewing a wine .. A 2006 Viticcio Chianti Classico ..an Italian red wine under 10 bucks… the taste reminds me of well……… a dry Italian red wine …very good…….. I score if an 88 (MAF)


    Therefore, with the above tasting concluded, Ka and I have decided to eat Italian close by.

    A few side notes and vicious rumors:

    * the golf is free with the room (eat your heart out)
    * I am not loaded … only drink wine
    * Auburn will win this weekend
    *donations are freely accepted
    * the ring bearer in Karen’s post was a Miami University coach and it was a national championship ring.


    Love all of Yall,

    Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment