ain't nothin but a winner"

Monday, January 18, 2010 9:33 PM, CST
Today was another beautiful day in LR..60 degrees..got out of clinic at 12:30 and went straight to eat at restaurant ..have gained 20 lbs in 3 days..so much for "Jenny Craig". Labs are great and progressing normally ..killing Myeloma. Got home took a short nap then walked about 1 1/2 miles ..doing good.

Enough of the medical.

Bear Bryant once said "I ain't nothing but a winner!" Which means he was not a quitter. He said he made his practices so tough so the quitters would quit. Then he would not have any quitters in the real game.
I learned this same ideal from watching my parents struggle thorough life many years ago. I am sure many times they wanted to quit..but didn't. Never quit was the lesson I learned from them for life.

Well I have never quit and have passed this principal on to my children. How do I know this? I know how much pressure, hard talking, and staying on them I have dished out through the years...but you know what , not one of them is a quitter. I am very sure they wanted to quit and may still hold some resentment for "my practices" but they ain't quitters. You can see it in their eyes and in the families they are raising..the way they conduct themselves. I am sure that many times they wanted to quit but they pulled themselves up and kept going. That's what the Bear was referring to as a winner. Someone that will not quit whatever the circumstance and will find a way around the negative to get the positive result, the goal set before them. That's a winner! I'm proud to say I have four kids that are all winners, each one of them.

SIDE NOTES AND VICIOUS RUMORS

  • We need more winners in this country!
  • We don't need losers ,whiners , victums and quitters
  • Mark Twain said "it ain't hard to quit ..I've quit a 1000 times
  • If God be for us then who stands against us
  • rumor has it Mark Richt is heading to Penn state as "head coach in waiting" for ole Joe Pa ..who knows

enough of my rant..chemo got me going

Love Mark and Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment